Blogger Widgets

Monday, April 4, 2011

I want to see the zoo, he said, I want to see the zoo!

Hi everybody!!! For my second day back in Moscow, I went to the zoo!!! (Зоопарк - "Zoopark") The Moscow zoo has almost 6,000 animals!

Of course I had to meet all of the monkeys! One baby mandrill was very eager to meet me.


So cute!

The mandrill family

I could hang out with apes and monkeys all day, they're so much fun to watch.

An orangutan family





Then I went to find some four-legged friends.

A giant, dirty camel

The zebra wasn't interested in meeting me

A reindeer!!


A yak

What a tongue!


I also went to say hi to the birds and bugs!

An angry pelican

Привет, toucan!

Pretty birds

Katydids

And now, as a big surprise, I'd like to introduce my cousin, Tanya TheMonkey!!! She is very nice and will be joining me on some of my adventures. Here we are in front of a large animal sculpture at the zoo by the same sculpter who designed Moscow's large Christopher Columbus monument.


We had a great time at the zoo together and we're getting ready for another surprise adventure, but we'll keep that secret for another couple of days ;-)

Yours,
Michael and Tanya

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh, the baby-mandryll is so cute! Congratulations, the photos are very very good!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Tanya! Looks like you both had a great time at the Zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the baby monkey!!! It makes me smile! I never have been to the zoo so I like the pictures! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody!!! Yes, the baby monkey was really cute and so intelligent looking! He immediately came up to see me. We are on our new adventure now, we'll post about it in the next day or so :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the pictures! Haha Hello Tanya :)
    Will be looking forward to reading your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete