Blogger Widgets

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mountain Day!

Hello!!!!  Today I went hiking on a mountain called Schweitzer that looks down on Sandpoint, Idaho.  From the top you can see Lake Pend Oreille.  It's a huge lake surrounding the town that was created during the ice ages by the lake Missoula floods -- it's called "Pend Oreille" because it's shaped like a big ear :-) Here I am jumping over the ski resort building and the lake!


On the trail I found some deer tracks!!! I didn't see the deer who made them, though, but he must have come just before me.


And I found some beautiful flowers called "Indian Paintbrush."


And last but not least, I found some huckleberries!!! Huckleberries are like mountain blueberries, they are a little smaller and they have a slightly different but extremely yummy taste!

3 comments:

  1. Those huckleberries look good, Michael. We don't have them in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are enjoying your visit to the States.

    Huckleberries, I've never had those. I bet they are good.

    ReplyDelete